Happy Thursday, friends! We are almost through another week, which puts us that much closer to Spring. How has the weather been in your neck of the woods? Over here, the current forecast is Cold With a 100% Chance of Gross. But, we haven’t had to shovel snow and we haven’t lost power (knock on wood), so there’s that.
The other week, I was watching television and somehow this thought popped into my head: “it would be so scary to be wrongfully accused of a crime and arrested by the FBI.” I legitamately don’t know how my brain got to that point, because even though there are hundreds of tv shows and lifetime movies with that exact plot, I certainly wasn’t watching them when that thought crossed my mind.
Anyway, it gave me the idea to write a blog post about my biggest fears–most of them irrational and unlikely to happen, all of them terrifying. Let’s begin! (And you already know one–see my above comment about being The Fugitive.)
- Stranded in space–I mean, how would this even happen?!? Why would I even be in Outer Space to begin with? Nevertheless, I have so far refused to watch Gravity because of this very reason.
- Getting kidnapped by drug lords in a foreign country. Or, even worse, having drug lords’ minions plant drugs on me to be smuggled into the USA, or else they’ll kill me, but then I get arrested by the FBI. Or ATF. Or a foreign government. Okay, not clear on who is arresting me in this scenario, but it is still a terrifying scene that plays out in my mind every time I think about traveling.
- One day I’ll be walking around, minding my own business, and suddenly a plane will crash or fall apart in the sky and I’ll be struck and killed by the debris. Related to this fear is being struck and killed by a falling satellite (if it could happen to characters on the Sims, it can happen to you!)
- Accidentally traveling through time, then being stuck in the past where I will very likely be killed for any number of reasons, the most likely one being burned for witchcraft. (We can definitely trace this fear to me spending almost an entire year reading all Outlander books and related novellas.)
- Death by scorpion. This one is self explanatory.
So those are my biggest, most irrational fears! There is another giant list of fears that I have that are far more likely to happen, but we’ll save that post for another day.
Do you share any of these crazy thoughts as well? What are your weird fears–the ones that are completely unlikely to happen? Let me know in the comments below!
*This post contains affiliate links, and if you click one and make a purchase, I receive a commission. Thank you for supporting Thoroughly Modern!*