FRI-YAY! I feel like there is no end in sight for this winter weather, but at least it is the weekend. I have definitely been feeling my classic Winter Funk lately. It always sets in towards the end, when the cold, gross weather just continues to drag on, and I’m totally over dressing in layers and being cooped up inside.
I’ve also declared a self-imposed spending freeze, and I gave up sweets and soda during the week for Lent. What can I say, I guess I just like to kick myself while I’m down!
I am really looking forward to this weekend–the weather will be slightly warmer, I can finally enjoy a donut, and we’ll have a little family fun day on Saturday.
Speaking of the spending freeze, I’m going to loosen the reigns a bit once this month is over. First of all, April is my birthday month, and second, spring is around the corner so it’s time for a little bit of a wardrobe refresh. Since I’ve actually done really well with my shopping habit, I’ve decided that I will definitely treat myself to something from Draper James for my birthday.
If you’re new around here, you may not know about my undying love for Draper James. It’s Reese Witherspoon’s clothing/lifestyle brand, and I am always drooling over the items from every collection. It’s a little bit pricey, but worth the money if you want to treat yourself. Here are a few of my favorites that I’ve been eyeing:
1. Matt got me a pair of Draper James x Jack Rogers shoes for Christmas, and I love them! I would really love a pair of the sandals to wear around when it’s nice and warm outside this summer.
2. I’ve been trying to find the perfect chambray dress for years, and this might be the one! I love that it’s belted, which gives it some definition, and the pops of magnolia print on the cuffs are perfection.
3. Little known fact about me: I DIE over anything that has a fruit printed on it–strawberries, watermelons, lemons, etc. I lose my mind over it and sometimes it’s not pretty. I love that the strawberry print on this shirt is on a navy background so it’s a little less overwhelming.
4. This floral print is everything, and I love that this dress is a little casual but still very cute–perfect for al fresco dining this summer, or outings to your favorite winery.
5. Off the shoulder tops are perfect transition pieces. My favorite part of this one is that it ties at the wrist.
6. I’ve always got to have a cute, white tee for my summer wardrobe–it’s perfect because you can pair it with ANYTHING. I love this option because it’s got a cute lace detail on the sleeve, which takes it up a notch from your plain, white tee.
7. Another shirt that will be perfect for spring–I love the fun detail of the hearts in the corner.
8. I haven’t treated myself to a nice handbag in forever (because I’m boppin’ around with my mommy backpack 6/7 days of the week), but this beautiful, floral print makes me want to throw some money away reeeeaaallll bad.
What do you all think? See anything you might need in your spring wardrobe? I am leaning towards the fun, floral Elliston dress at the moment, but could pull an audible at the last minute and go for a few of the adorable tops.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click one and make a purchase, I receive a commission. Thank you for supporting Thoroughly Modern!*
Have a wonderful weekend, dear readers!