Congratulations, we did it! We made it through this week! The snow storm wasn’t as terrible as we anticipated, and although I’m not seeing any 60-70 degree days in our future, I’m also not seeing any more snow in the forecast. #bigwin
For today’s post, I wanted to share a few odds and ends that are making me happy this week.
1. First of all, it’s Friday–which means I can eat sweets now! I gave up sweets and soda during the week for Lent. I know to some people it may sound like I’m taking the easy road, but if you know me at all, you’ll know that going from Monday-5pm Friday with nothing sweet to eat is slowly killing me on the inside.
2. I am this close to completing the 500 mile indoor cycle challenge at my gym! If I made it to 250 miles, I promised myself I would buy some new workout clothes, and I’ve already got a few new items coming my way from Old Navy. I’ve been dealing with an internal debate the past few weeks on whether or not I should also treat myself to a pair of Lilly Pulitzer crop leggings–their colorful prints would be so fun for workouts this summer! If I make it to 500, I’m going to finally get myself a pair of cycle shoes. Any recommendations? Also, fingers crossed that no calamities happen in the next few weeks that would prevent me from going to the gym.
3. We are going to have ourselves a little Sunday Funday this weekend, and we’re going to take a drive to go check on the status of our house. If you haven’t heard: we’ve made a contract to buy a new construction home that’s about 45 minutes away from where we live now (I actually lived in this town for two years after college, and it’s where Matt and I first met, so it’s a special place for us.) It won’t feel real until we are actually living inside the house, but it has been so exciting to watch the progress.
4. It’s a triple points event for Nordstrom! I posted about my favorite things on Monday, and I am currently trying to narrow down my shopping cart. (At one point I had 20 items…whoops.) I’ll take the plunge on the 25th (the last day of the promotion), because that’s when my billing cycle starts over ;). Here’s what’s currently sitting pretty in my shopping cart, which ones are your favorites?
5. Speaking of shopping, Draper James is having a little sale for Reese’s birthday! It’s 20% off her favorites with the code “CAKE” (and free shipping is always on the table). So, not everything is on sale, but there are definitely some cute options! I picked up this pretty little top for less than $40, and the chambray shirtdress I included in my post last week is also included. Check them out here, or scroll through to see my favorites below:
6. Amy Poehler is directing a movie for Netflix, starring herself and her besties. Thank you, universe.
What your favorite things from this past week? Any fun plans for the weekend?
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click one and make a purchase, I receive a commission. Thank you for supporting Thoroughly Modern!