Hi there, friends! We’ve reached another Friday, hooray! This week, the weather mercifully released it’s frigid grasp on us, and we were blessed with warmer temperatures. Let me tell you–what a difference actually leaving the house makes!
If you remember, I’ve chosen “gratitude” as my word for 2018. I am trying to use that word daily, to be more mindful of all the good that is on my life, and focus less on the negative. So far, I’ve discovered that it’s so easy to be grateful in the good moments, but much harder to feel grateful when you’re in a terrible mood. Of course, that’s even more reason to practice gratitude!
I thought doing some weekly gratitude blog posts would be a good way to keep myself committed to my word of the year. If you’d like, I’d love to have you join in too! We can start a blog link up, or just tell me what you’re grateful for in the comments below.
This week, I am grateful for:
- Everyone’s good health! All three of us were sick in one way or another last week–it’s challenging enough to take care of a sick toddler, but add in a cold of your own, and that makes it even worse.
- Living in a place where a mobile groomer will drive to my house and groom my dog. I mean, I know I pay for it, but it’s such a huge help that I don’t have to haul Millie anywhere to get her bathed and have her hair cut (necessary for Goldendoodles), especially when those chain pet stores give her such anxiety.
- The speediness of the Chik-fil-A drive thru
- Being able to afford a gym membership, at a gym that has a great daycare. Seriously, it is such a lifesaver to be able to go there, know that Aida will have a great time with the ladies in the daycare, and get an hour of those feel-good endorphins.
- A roof over our heads and a working heating system
- Health Insurance (even if our coverage/company is less than stellar)
- Oprah–oh yes, I cried when I watched her speech.
- Singing songs with Aida in the car/watching Aida sing along to songs on Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse, and Trolls
- My wonderful husband, who was so patient with me during my most grumpy moods last week
What are you feeling grateful for this week?