Hello, friends, and happy Tuesday! We are all very aware that Valentine’s Day is approaching (thank you, Target, for your explosion of pink and red and gold products all over the store!), but I’m sure many of you (like myself) always struggle to think of gifts for Valentine’s Day.
Here’s the deal–I love Valentine’s Day. I always have , and I think I always will–I even loved it when I was single! To be honest, I love any excuse to buy seasonally wrapped chocolate and have a celebration (I was probably a Troll in my past life). And, it’s a great time to celebrate your loved ones. I know, I know what some people say, “you shouldn’t need a day to show others how much you love them! You should celebrate love every day!” There are lots of things out there that we “should” be doing every day (like flossing!), but does that actually happen? Exactly. My point of this long rant is that it’s nice to have a day where we can REALLY celebrate love–buy your bae a thoughtful gift, or go out to dinner, or just have a nice movie night at home. You don’t have to go over-the-top for Valentine’s Day–just put some thought into it and be present for the ones you love the most.
For today’s posts, I’ll be highlighting gifts for men, but don’t fret! I’m working on a Galentine’s Gift Guide, which will feature some great gifts for ladies. (Also, as I’ve worked on this post, I’ve had Parks and Rec playing in the background. If you watched my Vlog about shows to binge watch, this is #1. SO MANY GREAT LINES! And Leslie Knope invented Galentine’s Day, FYI–but more on that next week.)
Let’s get started!
1. If you and your bae enjoy winding down with an Old Fashioned, and you want to look classy AF while you drink it, then these monogrammed DOF glasses are perfect! It’s a gift for everyone!
3. Tech accessories are always a good idea–these are great for anyone who loves listening to music while working out, because they’re sweat resistant.
4. This t-shirt is a perfect gift for dads! I got one for Matt for Christmas, and I think it’s one of his all time favorites.
5. There’s nothing like a boss looking timepiece to bring a look together! The one I linked was on sale for about $75, but it has gone up in price to over $100–but they’re worth the splurge, and you can find some other options that are under $100 on the Fossil website.
6. If you’ve got a sentimental significant other, then this print is perfect! Find yourself a nice frame at Home Goods and you’re set. (This is definitely something I would buy for Matt, if we didn’t already have a billion prints like this hanging around.)
7. Cozy lounge pants are always in style! (Am I right or am I right?!? I mean, I have pajamas that I still wear that were gifted to me in middle school.) This would be an especially cute gift if you also planned a movie night at home.
8. I feel like every man in my life has a wallet that is bursting at the seams and falling apart. I just don’t think it is in their nature to buy a new wallet when they need one. I really like the ones from Mark and Graham–they have a classic look, plus you can add a monogram to make it more personal. (They have great options for the ladies too.)
9. I always look into fitness-related items for Matt because he’s very active and loves working out–but even if your person isn’t a big runner or athlete, this long sleeve tee still looks nice! (Because really, how many of us actually go to yoga in our yoga pants?)
10. When I published my gifts guides for the holidays, Katie pointed out to me that Bespoke Post makes some great gifts for men (and women too, in my opinion, because I wouldn’t mind if some of these awesome boxes showed up at my door.) There are lots of options, so check out the website–the item I included above is from a mixology kit, so that should give you a glimpse of some of the awesome and unique gifts they offer.
11. STEAKS. Another gift where everyone wins! This would be a fun date–have some steaks show up at the door, and cook them together. Maybe end the night with a movie! (Apparently I’m obsessed with staying at home in my sweats these days.) There are lots of companies out there that will mail you steaks (and I know, you can obviously just go to the grocery store, but please see my comment above about not leaving the house), but Omaha Steaks will send you a complete meal, plus their stuffed baked potatoes are too legit to quit. (Do the kids still use that phrase? No? Maybe I will bring it back.)
12. I think sunglasses are one of those things that everyone and their brother is always losing or breaking–so of course they make a great gift! I am partial to aviators on Matt, but there are some other, classic looks at J. Crew Factory at affordable prices.
13. Phone cases, like wallets, never get replaced. I like this Hex version–it’s a twist on a plain black case because it combines different textures. I also love some of the Ted Baker options, which look sleek and classy.
14. Sometimes, it’s nice to get guys some products that will up their grooming game. Sure, Old Spice smells nice, but Jack Black products smell AH-MAZING. I got this one for Matt for Christmas, and he is a huge fan (and so am I, because his face smells fantastic).
15. Another sweet gift for a dad is this keychain from Etsy that can be personalized. This was a gift I bought for Matt when Aida was born–instead of using it as a keychain, we bought a chain and he wears it as a necklace.
16. I won’t use the word “cozy” again. And I won’t use the phrase “isn’t staying home in your comfy clothes and watching a movie a great date night,” again. Okay, I guess I just said those things, but come on–every person needs a pair of good slippies!
17. Valentine’s Day is a great time to give the gift of outerwear–if you live in a place that has miserable winters, then you still need it for a few more months, but at this time in the year you can find some quality jackets on sale. The Columbia fleece I included in the picture above is now sold out, but I love the classic look of this Vince Camuto jacket, and Macy’s has some great options that can be personalized with your guy’s favorite college team.
What do you think of all these gift ideas? Are there any that you would add? Several of these options work for women as well, but don’t you worry, I’ll be focusing on gifts for the ladies in my upcoming Galentine’s Day Gift Guide!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click one and make a purchase, I receive a commission. Thank you for supporting Thoroughly Modern!