Happy Friday, friends! Life has been a whirlwind lately, and there’s just been no time for blogging. My mom visited us for a week, we celebrated Matt’s birthday, and we took a little road trip to Richmond. Last but not least, little miss turned six months old!
We celebrated her half birthday with a small dinner with Matt’s parents. Our six month old girl is:
– Really getting into solids! So far it seems her favorites are mangoes, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and carrots. (Although I think the carrots upset her tummy, and I am currently searching Pinterest for ways to get tough stains out of clothes.)
– Desperately wanting to crawl–she is trying something fierce, and is just fascinated by the older babies in our Mommy and Me group who are already mobile.
– Measuring average for height and weight, but her giant head is still in the 90th percentile.
– Getting ready to cut some teeth! The doctor spotted a few that are trying to break through, and little one just wants to chew on everything she can get her hands on (literally).
– Less interested in breastfeeding. Now that she’s older and we’ve started solids, she just doesn’t seem as interested anymore. I’m proud of myself for making it this far, but I think we are both ready to move on when the time comes. Anyone have any tips for weaning?
All in all, it just keeps getting better. I get a little misty eyed looking at pictures of her when she was a newborn, but I’m also so excited for her to continue to grow and learn.
Have a wonderful weekend!