Even though we’re locked into a miserable heat wave here in Virginia, Ned Stark’s words ring through my head, “winter is coming.” I can’t believe that August is almost here, basically the last month of summer. Yes, the heat and humidity will carry on through September, but us ladies will bravely rebel against it, sweating it out in our leggings and adorable booties we already bought at the Nordstrom Sale.
|Cardigan // Necklace // Booties (similar) // Leggings|
Speaking of the sale–Nordstrom clearly heeds the Starks’ warning, since they are so kind to put fall and winter clothes on such a discount so we can all be prepared. For a few years now, I’ve been searching for an affordable, green coat, and I finally found it! Bonus–it’s under $100. Scroll through below to see the coat and a few of my other winter-themed picks.
While we’re on the subject of the Season-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, here are a few other signs that it’s coming:
1. Leggings, leggings, everywhere.
2. Pumpkin, pumpkin, everywhere. (This will be divided into two camps–those who are all about the pumpkin, and those who make fun of people all about the pumpkin.)
3. Some will begin playing Christmas music in October. You must stay strong and resist that siren call until Black Friday at the earliest.
4. Think you’re tired of NSale posts? Your Bloglovin feed is about to be flooded with Gift Guides, so you know exactly what to buy everyone from your significant other to your Grandma’s neighbor’s cat.
5. Instagram will be overrun with pumpkin patch pictures. If you’re one of those people, take care–pumpkin patches will be trickier to navigate this year with an influx of Pokemon Go players.
|This is me at a pumpkin patch back in 2009–see, I was into carefully styled pumpkin photos before it was popular! #trendsetter|
6. Who needs the weather channel when you’ve got Facebook? All of your friends will soon start posting their predictions for winter weather, and alternately making fun of everyone who runs to the store to buy bread and milk before the storm.
Once you start seeing these signs all around you, it’s time to run to Costco and stock up on chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches before it’s too late.
Winter is coming.