Good Morning Thoroughly Modern readers, my name is Kate and you can find me over at Green Fashionista where I blog about fashion and beauty reviews, weekend shenanigans, and my all time favorite hobby – traveling. I couldn’t be more excited for Kate to welcome her baby girl, and am excited to take over her space while she gets used to being a new momma.
Since we’re right smack dab in the middle of winter which happens to be most of our least favorite season, I wanted to share some of my favorite cures for those winter blues. I love to live life to it’s fullest whether it be experiencing fun new things in my own city or traveling to new destination.
1. Host a girls night in, and have everyone bring their favorite bottle of wine or champagne. Put out some snacks, and catch up over a chick flick or game night.
2. Movie night in front of the fire place. Don’t have a fire place? Light a bunch of yummy scented candles.
3. Book a last minute get-away for some sun and sand! Even if it’s just for the weekend, getting some good ol’ fashioned Vitamin D will feel amazing and be the perfect anecdote to those winter blues. But always remember to practice safe sun!
4. Exercise! No matter what horrible mood I may be in or as stressed as I may be, a good workout always makes me feel so much better.
7. Get a massage, check out your local groupons to score a good deal.