The lovely Meghan from When L Met M recently nominated me for a Liebster Award (and in typical fashion, I abbreviated it). And by “recently,” I mean she nominated me over a month ago and since I’m doing a terrible job at blogging consistently, I’m just now getting around to it. I’m not quite sure, but I think the purpose of the Liebby is to get to know me (even more than you already do), and check out some other blogs as well.
3. I have two older brothers. Have I said this before? Probably. Now you know again.
|All color coordination is purely coincidental. They would never allow me to intentionally coordinate our outfits.|
4. All my life I’ve wanted to write a novel. That’s one thing about me that has never changed.
5. I will never like goat cheese. Never. And goat cheese knows exactly why.
6. I think job searching, house hunting, and dating are probably three of the most agonizing things in the world.
7. I can put up with pain from Crohn’s Disease until the very last minute when I need to go to the hospital, but if by chance I get a paper cut, I’m miserable.
8. Other than from the time I graduated college up until Matt and I got married (roughly four years), I’ve always had a dog. When I did not have a dog, all I could think about was getting one.
|This was Abby, my family’s chocolate lab, and she was totally awesome.|
9. I chug water like I’ve been stranded on a desert island for 30 days. Seriously, it’s bizarre. I’ve always had a thing for ice cold water, but lately it seems like I’m constantly thirsty. It’s probably why this face looks so good, though.
10. If you come over to my house, I will show you that I have a piano. And then I will tell you “let me play you a song I wrote myself.” You will then hear a beginner’s version of “O Little Town of Bethlehem.” And that’s my piano bit.
11. If I happened to have 3-4 glasses of wine before doing my piano bit, I might transition to the “flute bit.” That’s when I decide I’m still extremely talented at playing the flute, even though I literally haven’t practice in ten years. You never know what might happen in the Thomas household!
So it probably took me about 10 days to write 11 things about myself. It’s tough! Next up are the questions Meghan proposed:
What’s your dream job?
Obviously, I really want to be a writer and publish a best selling novel. I also want to have my own cooking show in which I make other people’s recipes, drink wine from a stemless glass, and be super witty and charming.
What makes a good friend to you?
As an adult, I’ve found that a good friend is someone who will actually make plans with you. I can’t tell you all the times I get the Facebook/text message that says “we need to get together! let’s catch up! I miss you! blah blah blah!” and yet plans never seem to materialize. Hanging out in your late twenties takes an effort from both parties, and I think it’s the mark of a true friend when they can make that happen.
Favorite song of the moment?
Shake it Off. JK Kidding!!!! I do like that song, but it’s not necessarily my favorite. Right now I’m on a Head and the Heart kick, and I’m also super cised about this new-ish band called Sheppard.
What is something small that makes you happy?
Putting on my sweats when I get home. Especially now that all my pants are too tight (thanks, steroids!).
Do you have any guilty pleasures?
I have all the guilty pleasures. Just browse through some of my blog posts and you’ll see.
Favorite holiday tradition?
I love going to Christmas Eve mass, and it’s something my family has done for as long as I can remember. There’s something about that service that really makes my heart swell. The first year we were married, we had a freak snowfall on Christmas Eve and the roads got real bad, real quick. We weren’t able to make it to church that night and I’m pretty sure I cried.
|But we sure looked good at Christmas mass the next day!|
A good dinner out, or a new item for your closet?
A good dinner out! But then I’ll probably have to buy bigger clothes, so I also get a new item for my closet. It’s a win-win.
What is your favorite spot in your home?
Probably our dining/kitchen area. We’ve only been living here for a little over a year now, but we’ve had lots of great dinner parties/memories with our friends, families, and neighbors.
What’s your favorite city?
Let me go ahead and say Paris, because come on, we’re all thinking it, but domestically New Orleans always has and always will hold a special place in my heart.
|This girl definitely qualifies as a good friend.|
Why do you blog?
I blog because I enjoy writing. I also think I’m funny, but I guess that is debatable.
That’s it, ladies and gentlemen! This post literally almost took me two weeks. TWO WEEKS. See why I have been absent lately? Major writers block, like whoa.
Here are my nominations:
The Style Dunce
Love, Pasta, and a Tool Belt
The Grits Blog
The Fairy Princess Diaries
Let it be Beautiful
And here are my questions, ladies!
Name three books that have inspired you.
Which celebrity would you like to crawl under a rock and disappear? Please be creative and refrain from using a Kardashian.
If you could live in another decade, which would it be, and why?
Share one song that speaks to your soul.
If you could eat one thing everyday, and not have to worry about weight gain, heart disease, or diabetes, what would it be?
What is the number one place on your travel bucket list?
What do you think is the most underrated movie of all time?
What is the go-to drink that you order when you’re trying to look sophisticated?
If a store/designer offered you free merchandise for a year, which store would you want it to be?
Have you every played an instrument?
What is your go-to karaoke song choice?
These questions are SO GOOD. I might have to answer them for another blog post. Remember, I’m fresh out of ideas here, so I’m going to take what I can get.