Hello, friends! It is finally Friday and it has been quite the roller coaster of a week. I’m exhausted from all of my emotions. To cheer myself up (or maybe make myself feel worse), I thought I would relive our wonderful vacation to the OBX from last month, through another edition of What Have We Learned?
|Not actually a hurricane, but close enough.|
– I learned that Millie is NOT okay with the ocean. In fact, she is terrified. She does enjoy taking a leisurely dip in the sound side.
|Mom? Dad? What the hell is going on here?!?|
– I learned that my oldest brother is a big cheat at zombie dice. How else do you explain getting so many brains, and so few shotguns?
– I learned that my other brother thinks he can just steal people’s pool rafts whenever he wants. Hey, did you fork over $10 at TJ Maxx for this sweet floatie that has a cup holder? I don’t think so.
– I learned that it’s best to coordinate with Mother Nature first before you schedule a photo shoot on the beach. Otherwise, you’ll end up taking pictures on the windiest day of the week.
– I learned I just want all the seafood, all the time, with a side of carbs. This is coming from a girl who couldn’t stand the smell of it just a few years ago.
– From my brother’s girlfriend, Emily, I learned that calories don’t count when you’re on vacation.
– My niece taught me the proper way to play pool–on the table! I’ve been doing it wrong all these years!
– I learned that when your room directly faces the sunrise, your puppy daughter is going to get up as soon as those golden rays first brush across the window. But at least it’s pretty.
– I learned that everything, including sunsets, is better at the beach.