Friends, this weekend wraps up my birthday (two) week(s) celebration! It’s been quite a grand time, but I think we’re all ready to move on and just get on with being 27 already. (BTW, the reason Matt let me pick out a dress for my birthday was because of the movie “27 Dresses.” I thought that should mean I get 27 dresses, but Matt disagreed.)
I’ve learned a lot in my many years on this earth (I mean, I’m practically pushing 30), but today we’re just going to review what I’ve learned from my two week birthday celebrations.
– I’ve learned that coming up with 30 things for a 30 before 30 list is a lot harder than it seems.
– I’ve learned that water damage can make a memory card do some kee-razy things!
|What is that, fried alligator quiche? I don’t even know.|
– I’ve learned that my sweet husband has some mad rhyming skills.
– I’ve learned I have a serious problem with pizza. I usually eat it at least twice a week, and I don’t even care if it burns my mouth because IT TASTES SO GOOD.
– I’ve learned that ahi tuna, pico de gallo, and avocado is one of the greatest marriages of food in the history of the world.
– I’ve learned I’m ready to let go of “Let it Go.” Unless, of course, we’re talking about the version I made up, about Millie doing her business. That song is ready to take the world by storm.
– I’ve learned that birthday celebrations sure do change over the years. At this point, no one wants to sit around and watch me smash a cupcake in my face.
|But everyone wants to see a baby smash a cupcake!|
– I’ve learned that good things can happen to those who wait–the weather managed to get itself together just long enough to give us a glorious weekend for my birthday. It promptly lost itself, however, the following week when it decided to sleet. Ya win some, ya lose some.
– I’ve learned that my friends really do know me so well–I sure hope they never stop sending me glitter birthday cards.
That about does it for my birthday celebrations! Thanks for sticking around these past two weeks through all of my prolonged birthday nonsense.
And if you’re DYING to get in on the “What Have We Learned?” action, then you TOTALLY can! The Style Dunce and I will be starting a bi-weekly linkup in May. So mark your calendars friends, it’s time we start sharing our knowledge!
Have a glorious, Easter weekend,