Remember that time I took part in a giveaway with Bonnie? Well, big news, there’s a winner to that giveaway and that winner is Bri R.! Congratulations, Bri! Bonnie should have already contacted you, so you’re probably rolling in the dough right now, you lucky duck, you!
In other news, the weather has been positively tropical this week–we’ve reached highs in the low 50s! I love it so much and I never want it to go away.
It’s been a few weeks since we’ve had any learning moments, so let’s review all of the little lessons life has been throwing at us this past month.
– Like most of America, we’ve been binge watching House of Cards this past week. Also, like most of America, our minds have been blown by the ridiculousness in this show. We watched the first season during late March/early April last year, so every time I hear the theme music, I find myself desperately yearning for the warmth of spring. Oh House of Cards, you just make me feel so many emotions!
|Millie says the House of Cards music reminds her of her first true love, Maddox.|
|She threw up on me twice that day, but how could you be mad at that face?|
– I learned that Panera gift cards still work, even if your puppy tried to eat it.
– I’ve realized that, if I wasn’t so concerned about pollution, the oversized creek in our neighborhood would be perfect for tubing. Millie, however, has learned that she’s still not so sure about that creek–at least, not until she gets signed up for swimming lessons.
– I’ve learned that I really love to see the Virginia countryside blanketed in snow, even when I never want to see snow again.
– I’ve learned I really need a hot bubble bath and some time with my kindle, because it has been far too long since I’ve treated myself to either of those things.
What have you learned this week, readers? I hope you all have the loveliest of weekends. If you need some weekend reading, check out my guest post about this DIY project on Love, Pasta, and a Tool Belt, followed by a very special music playlist tomorrow on Helene In Between.
I will see your pretty faces again Monday morning!