Hello, friends! Today I am thrilled to announce I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Award by Miss Karly Kim. I’ve heard about it before, but I’m not really sure what it means–my best guess is that you nominate bloggers who are shy, quiet, and modest, in order to get them to open up and talk about themselves…does that sound about right, Karly?
According to the rules of the Sunshine Award, I have to now tell you 11 facts about myself. I thought this would be the perfect topic for today, to indulge my narcissism and introduce myself to the new followers around these parts!
1. In college, if you were my friend and it was your birthday, then you could expect a funfetti cake baked by yours truly.
|You could also expect a detailed lecture from me on partying positive.|
2.Christmas is my favorite time of year.
3. When I wake up with a hangover (which is rare these days, but can easily be caused by a glass and a half of wine), my go-to meal is a #1 at Mcdonald’s with a coke. Extra mac sauce.
4. During my senior year, I was drum major for my high school’s marching band. Don’t act like you’re not impressed.
5. I was the youngest and the only girl, so you know life had to be tough for me growing up.
6. I was in 4-H for nine years and I was kind of a big deal.
|I mean, obviously!|
7. I was my county’s spelling bee champion in 2001. My mom treated me to Taco Bell afterwards and it was awesome. Not so awesome when I lost out during the third round in regionals. I still suspect sabotage.
8. Matt and I only dated (and really, only knew each other) seven months before we got engaged.
9. When I was ten years old, I wanted to be Gwen Stefani.
10. Thunderstorms at the beach are my favorite–but also kind of terrifying.
11. Yes, I have been to a place called Dinosaur Land. No, I was not five years old. Yes, I did have the time of my life.