Hello dear friends, and welcome to all you new readers who have come around from this month’s giveaways! (You can find them here and here, if you’d still like to enter!) We are finally facing the weekend, and guess what? Santa is coming to town!
Just kidding. Not Santa, this girl:
This is my big from my sorority and she is one of my very best friends. I haven’t seen her since our shenanigans in Myrtle Beach, and I’m so excited to see her face this weekend. We are going to watch Catching Fire, go wine tasting, shop, ice skate, hold hands, and eat sugar plums. (How many more Elf references can I fit in this post?)
Excitement aside, I’ve decided to start a new series for Friday called “What Have We Learned?” Why? Because life presents us with little nuggets of wisdom every day, so why not review it on a weekly basis?
This week I’ve learned…
– That I’m not a total weakling and I can handle a few weights on the machines at the gym.
I had my first of two complimentary training sessions at my gym, and I could have cried when the guy expected me to deal with a whopping 20 pounds on the arm machines (because don’t expect me to remember what they are actually called). I totally handled every single one though. I think I’ll go enter a bodybuilding competition. Just kidding. Maybe not?
– Chimichangas pair well with flounder, apparently. We went to Ford’s for dinner on Wednesday, and that happened to be the special, which Matt ordered. We all know that fish is gross, but man oh man! I think I managed to eat more of those chimichangas than Matt did (sorry honey).
– Drinking a venti salted caramel mocha at 2pm in the afternoon is a PLD if you were hoping to sleep that night.
– If I want to buy the 12 ft. tall, pre-lit Christmas tree of my dreams, then I better be prepared to sell a kidney to pay for it.
– Molasses is not really as slow as I thought it to be.
– Millie is the sweetest, most precious doodle on the planet. But we already knew that, didn’t we?
That’s all I’ve got for you, dear readers! What have you learned this week?