If nothing else, TREAT YO SELF to a stay at an all inclusive resort–it is the ultimate TYS vacation.
Trust me, I know the thrill of excitement from planning out adventure after adventure during a journey to a new place/country. The type-A control freak that I am LOVES planning out trips down to every last detail.
But you know what else is great? Just letting go and not doing a damn thing for one entire week. If you really want to take a relaxing vacation, then do it right and go to an all inclusive somewhere tropical. Once you’re there, you don’t have to worry about budgeting for food or drinks–you already paid for it! Drink up and make sure you get your monies worth!
Most all inclusive resorts offer adventurous excursions, for an additional fee, but who the hell needs excursions?! You’ve got a good book and a swim-up bar, what more do you need?
Don’t even get me started on all the delightful food and drink at your fingertips. It could be a good lesson for self control, but friends, this is a TYS post–self control is not welcome here! Three croissants every day for breakfast? Sure! A plate full of mozzarella sticks at lunch? Why not! Top it all off with a plate full of carbs and seafood at dinner and you’re set–if you get hungry during the night, you can always turn to 24 hour room service to fill your appetite.
|Mango ice cream!|
I will recommend finding the time for just one scheduled activity–a massage on the beach. Worth. It. What kind of Treat Yo Self proponent would I be if I didn’t encourage massages at every opportunity?
If it’s not obvious, Matt and I went to an all inclusive for our honeymoon, called “Riu Palace” in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. The resort had just opened, which was AWESOME, and it was the best stress-free, seven days of our lives. Here are a few of our highlights:
1. The food
2. The drink
3. Couple’s massage on the beach.
4. The mini-bar in our room
5. The swim-up bar
6. The little lounge chairs that were IN the pool
7. The evening entertainment that included lip syncing to Broadway hits, a street carnival, and a total rip-off of the Lion King that was definitely not politically correct.
8. Defeating a group of Canadians in a rousing game of musical chairs and karaoke (but all I got was a lousy t-shirt).
9. The photographers at the resort, who made us feel like celebrities in our photo shoot.
10. Some random girl from Colorado who tried to hit on Matt. She was married, she knew he was married, and she tried to be bffs with me…girl was on somethin!
11. Spending a week in a beautiful location with my amazingly wonderful husband.
So start saving now friends, and get yourself to an all inclusive resort. Oh, and make sure you bring me with you.