Remember that time I said I wish my sinuses would just go all out and make me sick so I could get it over with?
I deeply regret that statement.
I’ve been miserable the entire week, and the usual routine of dayquil/nyquil has done nothing but make me feel loopy during the day and give me bizarre dreams at night. I’ve felt horrendous since Monday, and I’m super paranoid this will get worse and I’ll get pneumonia.
I’ve only had pneumonia once, back when I was in 6th grade, and it totally sidelined my acting career. I was all set to play the coveted role of “hands reaching out from the wall” in the Barter Theater’s Haunted Playhouse, but then I had to miss out because of my silly immune system. My mom relented and let me participate in the final night of the Playhouse, but it was too late–I had already missed all of the talent scouts and would never act again. No worries though, a quick trip to the Mcdonald’s drive-thru for an M&M McFlurry fixed everything (don’t judge me, they were the newest item on the menu and I had no idea you could get one with oreos).
|Years later, I would translate that into the role of an invalid in our high school’s one act play. Still waiting on that call from Hollywood.|
Here are a few tidbits to round out the week:
– Some well-meaning soul (but remember, the road to hell is paved with good intentions) was playing tennis today and decided to throw an extra ball to Millie. I had to drag her home, because all she wanted to do was lay in the leaves and play with her brand new ball. She hasn’t put it down since, and she created a new game called “throw the ball in the bubble bath.” She’s now pissed at me because I locked it up in the closet so I could get her to settle down for the night.
|Staring at the door and crying will not make it open, Mills|
– This week I’ve randomly heard “Sympathy for the Devil” and “Only in Dreams,” and now all I want to do is watch Cowboy Bebop from start to finish. If I start sobbing during the final episode, I will blame it on PMS, not because it’s totally heart wrenching and the music is just so beautiful.
– One year ago this weekend, I was partying it up in Key West with my very best friends for my bachelorette party. It was an amazing weekend, but I will always ask myself–why didn’t we take up the invitation from the sketchy groundskeeper about returning to Hemingway House after hours for a pool party? WHY?!?!
|Pack your swimsuits, ladies, we’re headin’ back after hours!|
– I joined a gym last week, mostly because I had a coupon to pay no dues until 2014, but also because I like, really wanna lose three pounds. Have I been yet? Did I try the protein supplements I got for free? Did I attend my free session with a trainer? The answer to all of those questions is a solid NO.
|I will, however, say yes to cake. Anytime. Anywhere.|
– Apparently Hanson has their own beer called Mmmhops. How did I miss this?!?
That’s all I’ve got for you dear readers, before the Nyquil takes me to Bizarro World.
Happy Friday friends; I’ll leave you with an old favorite to take you into the weekend: