I’ve been called “weird” many a time in my day–meant as a compliment or insult, depending on the source. Truth be told, I don’t actually mind being called weird, and I enjoy embracing all these little odd quirks about myself that are actually quite endearing (to my husband, at least). Every now and then, I’ll encounter someone (i.e., an ex boyfriend) who will pronounce something as “weird” and intend for it to be every bit as insulting as it sounds. I usually get real salty over that and most of the time end up eating my feelings, but friends, let me tell ya, it has never stopped me from being a total oddball.
|Case in point.|
So for today’s Confession Friday, I’m going to switch things up a bit. Yes, I’ve got a slew of items to confess, but as you read I ask that you keep the following in mind:
Please share your thoughts on whether or not my behavior is eccentric enough to be deemed cute and quirky, or something that needs to be stopped.
Polling starts now.
1. I take a whiff of food/beverages before I taste it for the first time.
|How else can you assess the taste if you don’t smell it first?|
2. If barefoot, I’ll walk through the garage on the balls of my feet so that my feet don’t get dirty. Apparently, dirt is repelled from the front part of your foot, so that doesn’t matter.
3. I sing songs to my goldendoodle as if we are in a musical together, and then I’ll have one sided conversations with her like it’s the most normal thing in the world. I think she likes it.
|Cool song, mom. Sing it again.|
4. I think being a wedding dress model would be the bees knees. Something about traipsing around in a sparkly white dress all day is just appealing to me.
|See? I already have experience.|
5. Like most girls, I think Ryan Gosling is super dreamy. However, my opinions may not be the most reliable, as I also find Bill Nihy, Gary Oldman, and Alan Rickman to be super dreamy as well. Maybe it’s the accents?
|See? I’m not the only one who thinks ole Bill is a dreamboat.|
6. I won’t eat bananas with brown spots on it. Never gonna happen.
7. I get hot flashes at night like I’m a 40 year old going through menopause (although I guess I can’t claim with certainty that I know what a hot flash feels like). This usually involves me throwing off pants, socks, and blankets in a fit of rage, only to blindly grasp for them in the dark later because I’m suddenly freezing.
8. If I’m sitting in a chair for longer than 15 minutes, I’ll end up either folding my legs underneath me or sitting cross legged. Some have remarked that this is odd, but I find it to be completely normal.
|This is comfortable for me.|
9. When I use lotion, I apply it in little dots across the backs of my hands. Trust me, this method gets it evenly distributed across the hands.
10. I love the smell of pancake batter. This is always a moment when my nose deceives me, because it does not taste as great as it smells. Still…I need that to be a Yankee candle fragrance.
11. If I’m eating any kind of baked pasta dish that has meat sauce, I’ll eat everything but the meat. In the end there will be this pile of hamburger/sausage that’s just been pushed around my plate. You’re probably thinking “just get plain tomato sauce” but no, that’s not the same.
|I like meat, but I don’t like it in my pasta sauce.|
That’s all the weird I can come up with right now. There’s definitely more than this, but I know for a fact that those are weird and I’m not even going to bother putting it to a vote.
What do you think? Anyone else get called weird on a daily basis? Please share, and please have a happy and safe weekend.